Monday, August 16, 2010

Welcome Back to School

Welcome 4th grade students and parents! I am so excited to start a new year with the fourth graders. We are in for some changes this year as we become the oldest students in the school. With that brings added responsibility and higher expectations. Other students will be watching the fourth graders and looking up to them.
This year fourth graders will be serving and scraping everyday for lunch and participating in safety patrol. Students will not be required to do these jobs, but Mrs. Hanshaw and Mrs. Kurth's class will be sharing these responsibilities.
We will spend quite a bit of time in these first few weeks establishing everyday routines which will make the rest of the year successful for everyone.
The purpose of this blog is to share with parents what we are up to in the fourth grade. I hope that students will read it as well to review what we have be doing.

I will start with a little bit about myself! This is my 13th year teaching 4th grade and my 17th year of teaching. I am married to Jason Kurth, who is the Director of Technology for our school district. We have 2 children, Emma who is in second grade and Jackson who is in preschool. We also have a yellow lab named, Willie.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to read but this will become very evident as the school year progresses. I also like to scrapbook and spend time with my family.

I look forward to learning more about each 4th grader and having the best year possible!
I also look forward to any comments or questions you might post to me on this blog.

Let's get this year started!

No comments:

Post a Comment