Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Week of School

Today was the day!  I sent my baby to Kindergarten!  Emma went yesterday and Jack started today!  I thought he would be sad but basically just gave me a hug and said goodbye!  "See ya later Mom!"    I was happy that he was excited for school and not afraid!!  Needless to say, he had a great day!  He really liked P.E.!  Big surprise there for Mr. Active. 

 I am happy to say that I think they are in a great place and the teachers and other staff will be very caring!  Emma is making new friends and I believe Jackson will make many new friends as well!  He told me tonight there are only 6 boys in his class.  I asked him how many girls and he said, "A lot more than that! "  HA!  That made me laugh!

Emma has a planner this year and so far (2 days), she has been very good about showing it to me!  We are starting a checklist at home to perk up the responsibility around the house!  I am hoping for the best!  It always takes time at the beginning of the school to get into that new routine.  She likes her teacher and seems to like everything about the new routine!  She will also have the other third grade teachers throughout the year for units in Science and Social Studies.  I will be interested to see how they do things!

Today was the first day I haven't had kids since we moved!   I took a me day!  I am not ashamed to admit it!  It was nice to kick back today.  I took the dog for a walk.  I read my book.  I watched a little TV.  I did do a load of laundry!  Yea ME!  I also made a nice dinner for my family which they didn't really like!  I guess that is how it goes and great for me because I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. 
I promise to work much harder tomorrow!

My friends in Fairfield start school tomorrow!  I wish them a great day!  I wish all my former students a great school year!!!!




1 comment:

  1. Hope to see you soon, Suzanne! Tell the family "Hello" for me.

    ReplyDelete