Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Big Changes

I decided to keep my blog, but I changed the name and the posts will be slightly different for the next year. I hope, key word, hope to keep it updated but I am not promising anything. We have made the big move to Altoona, Iowa where we are settling into our new home and making a few new friends. There are plenty of girls to play with on our street, but Jackson is feeling a bit lonely without any boys to play with.
We live close to many things, so it has been fun to walk to the sprinklers at Hy-Vee, the public library, and the public pool (really nice!). We have managed to do swim lessons, go to the Science Center, and even join Altoona Campus, our park and rec.
As the new school year gets closer, I can't help but start thinking about school and I am a bit depressed because I don't have a classroom to plan for this year. I love the beginning of the school year with new ideas, new projects, new kids, and collaborating with my teeps (teacher friends). It will be really hard, but I will do my best to concentrate on other new things and get excited for my kids to start school. Perhaps I can volunteer!
I am nervous about being a substitute teacher as I have never done this before and I want to do my best job! I guess I will just dive in and see what happens!
Dive into Fourth Grade was my beginning of the year theme for years. I think I will once again use this as my theme with a twist. Dive into substitute teaching! Can I do it? Yes, I can!
Enjoy the rest of summer my teeps! Get ready for the new school year and know you can always call on me for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment